Finance & Economic Development Focus Group
The Finance and Economics Focus group is interested in coming up with ideas that will help develop the Zimbabwean economy and the financial sector in general.
Some emerging themes;
- Country Development
- Coming up with an effective Country Development Strategy – embracing some of the things that worked for countries like India, South Korea, etc.
- Coming up with a pioneering Policy Document – that will have a generational impact on the social structure
- Public Sector Management – ways to improve the public sector management
- Regulatory Input – we support the establishment an independent body for regulatory banks and insurance companies do better – along the UK Financial Services Authority model.
- Look at regulation of banks + insurance company capitalisation – investor protection, deposit protection
- coming up with list of investment management firms with fund accessible for investment by both retail and institutional investors
- retail individual investors – in the Diaspora
- coming up with an information resource centre – combine some of these ideas with the Investment Fair
Making Zimbabwe Appeal to Investors
- Describe Zimbabwe as suitable investment destination
- Marketing document
Team members are London based Financial experts:
- Investment Bankers
- Chartered Accountants
- Investment Analysts
You can contact us on